Toronto Police Thumbnail Sketches!



This is the first thumbnail I created for this project! I followed through with creating the goofy funky type of cartoon style. I wanted to showcase Toronto Police in what looked like the typical city street in Toronto, Ontario with the type. I really enjoyed creating this one- and feel it could be a really fun way of grabbing the eye of viewers.


This is the second concept I created in the thumbnail stage. I wanted this to stay kind of "emoticon" ish. I was seeking a very easy- and visually readable piece as this is a completely different way of conveying a message than the example above. I really wanted to showcase variety with this project- showing how advanced and how simple I can vary through my designs. I incorporated the Toronto flag in the middle of our little "police" world.  I have different ages, genders, disabilities etc.. all incorporated into this design. I really like this one as well- as I think it would be a really cool punch on an Instagram ad.
 
This was the third concept of my thumbnail sketches. I wanted to showcase more "happy" and lively people- of all races and genders. I also kept the sun in the background filled with all the different flags that fill up Toronto- and whom one would expect to see serving Toronto in the police department. I feel this one is quite busy- but with the proper representation of color it could really push through and be a hit.
 
And here we are! My last thumbnail sketch of this project. For this one- I really wanted to keep a VERY simplistic feel- very organic and easy to read. Lots of white space. I wanted to get a little more experimental with the type- so I played with the size and weights of the words. When I was a kid I used to love the art in this book called "Patrick" I think it was. It was very minimal like this- so I really wanted to challenge myself without reference to see if I could remember and capture the essence of the characters in my childhood. I believe I succeeded! :)

Thank you :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TPS colour comp 2

Colour Story Board!

Story Board-colour!