Toronto Police Brainstorm Sketches



This week I was instructed to complete a few thumbnail sketches for the Toronto Police department recruiting ad. Although these are very loose and rough- I feel each of my concepts may hold potential for what the client is searching for.

My first sketch is a united circle- with different job titles- such as police constables, parking enforcement, etc.. In the center I would have the Toronto flag- with the tag line they provided " One Career, Many opportunities". I feel this idea portrays community- and strong relationships within the field which can be a very important trait in the workforce.

My second sketch is having a variety of cartoon esk drawings of different police job ranks- all different cultures, ages and ranks all together in front of Toronto's streets. In the background,  I thought it would be cool to incorporate the sun on the horizon- but filled with multicultural flags of the world- a lot of which make up Toronto's culture!

My third sketch is probably my favorite. Although it's very loose- I think I could make a really cool illustration piece- very vibrant and cartoonish for the characters. I would have one character being a regular police officer, the next be a cultured woman in a wheelchair- and the last be an older man giving a parking ticket. I would have buildings in the back coated in spray paint and graffiti. I would try and make it very modern- very artsy punk which will attract the new generation- which is what the campaign is all about!

My last idea was to, again, have an array of different people in the police force all jumping and high fiving! Super fun- super motivating and cool. I would make these characters very organic/ stylized to shapes. I would use a large range of different colours.

Keep posted for my thumbnail line art and coloured pieces in the next few weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TPS colour comp 2

Colour Story Board!

Story Board-colour!